Tuesday, December 9, 2008
1. Started your own blog (obviously)
2. Slept under the stars? YES
3. Played in a band? I WAS ONE OF THE "GO GO " DANCERS FOR A GROUP CALLED THE BETA BOYS WHEN I WAS IN 6TH GRADE.....IT WAS SOMETHING TO BEHOLD.
4. Visited Hawaii ? YES
5. Watched a meteor shower? I THINK SO
6. Given more than you can afford to charity? TITHING COUNT? BUT I COULDN'T AFFORD NOT TO PAY IT.
7. Been to Disneyland? MANY TIMES
8. Climbed a mountain? MORE LIKE A HILL.......
9. Held a praying mantis? YES
10. Sang a solo? YES
11. Bungee jumped? NOT IN THIS LIFE TIME.......
12. Visited Paris? NOPE
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea? YEP
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch? OH I HAVE MANY ARTS I HAVE TAUGHT MYSELF, BUT YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM.
15. Adopted a child? NO...
16. Had food poisoning YES
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty? NO
18. Grown your own vegetables? YES
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France? I SAID NO TO FRANCE.....SO NO
20. Slept on an overnight train? YES........
21. Had a pillow fight?DUH.......YES
22. Hitch hiked? UM NO.......
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill? NO
24. Built a snow fort? YEP
25. Held a lamb? YEP
26. Gone skinny dipping? YEP
27. Run a Marathon? LOL...............UM NO.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice? NO!!
29. Seen a total eclipse?YES
30. Seen a baby born? YES, 5 OF MY GRANDCHILDREN.
31. Hit a home run? YES......BAD TEAM
32. Been on a cruise?YES
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person? YES
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors? DOES SANDY UTAH COUNT?
35. Seen an Amish community? NO BUT LIVE CLOSE TO A LOT OF GERMAN BAPTIST AND MENNONITES
36. Taught yourself a new language? I MADE UP NEW SWEAR WORDS ONCE
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied? YES ( I WASN'T RICH......)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person?NO, BUT I HAVE SEEN THE WORLDS LARGEST BOX OF RASINS.
39. Gone rock climbing?ON A SMALL SCALE
40. Seen Michelangelo's David?GUESS I DON'T TRAVEL TO MUCH...........NO!!!
41. Sung karaoke? YES
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt?YES
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant? YES
44. Visited Africa?NO
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight? YES
46. Been transported in an ambulance? NO
47. Had your portrait painted? JUST ONE OF THOSE GOOFY CARTOON ONES
48. Gone deep sea fishing ? YES........BARFING THE WHOLE TIME
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person?NO
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris? NO.....I HAVE NOT BEEN TO FRANCE OK?
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling?YES
52. Kissed in the rain? AND THE SNOW
53. Played in the mud? YES
54. Gone to a drive-in theater?ARE YOU SERIOIUS? YES
55. Been in a movie? NO
56. Visited the Great Wall of China? NO BUT I HAVE BEEN TO FRESNO
57. Started a business? YES
58. Taken a martial arts class? NO BUT MY KID HAS, SO I SAT THROUGH THE LESSONS
59. Visited Russia?NO, BUT I HAVE BEEN TO ERDA UTAH
60. Served at a soup kitchen ? YES
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies ? YES, I HAD TWO BROWNIES.......SO I DID SOME SELLING
62. Gone whale watching? YES
63. Got flowers for no reason YES
64. Donated blood, platelets, or plasma . YES
65. Gone sky diving? NOPE NEVER WILL
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp? NO
67. Bounced a check? ACCIDENTLY
68. Flown in a helicopter? NO
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy? NO...........SIGH
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial? NO
71. Eaten caviar? ICK.......YEAH
72. Pieced a quilt? YES
73. Stood in Times Square? NO
74. Toured the Everglades UM........BEEN TO FLORIDA, BUT NOT THE EVERGLADES
75. Been fired from a job? LAID OFF.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London? NO BUT I HAVE SEEN THE SHIFT CHANGE AT THE 7/11
77. Broken a bone? YES
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle? YES
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person? YES
80. Published a book?NO
81. Visited the Vatican? NO BUT I HAVE BEEN TO TEMPLE SQUARE
82. Bought a brand new car ? YES
83. Walked in Jerusalem? NO
84.Had your picture in the newspaper? YES
85. Read the entire Bible? NOT THE WHOLE BOOK
86. Visited the White House?
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating? YES
88. Had chickenpox? YES
89. Saved someone's life? NO....HOWEVER I DID JUMP AND AND GRABBED A SINKING GRANDKID THIS PAST SUMMER.
90. Sat on a jury?YES
92. Met someone famous?NOT REALLY FAMOUS, WAIT, I MET CAPTIAN BERNIE WHEN I WAS A KID.
91. Joined a book club ? YES
93. Lost a loved one? YES
94. Had a baby? FOUR
95. Seen the Alamo in person?I HAVE SEEN ALAMO RENTAL CARS
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake? DING DING DING........YES
97. Been involved in a law suit? WHEN I WAS A KID, I HAD TO TESTIFY ABOUT SOME STOLEN SADDLES.
98. Owned a cell phone? YES
99. Been stung by a bee?
100. Read an entire book in one day? YES......MORE THAN A FEW TIMES.
Friday, December 5, 2008
(Ivy playing in the yard)
One day was spent in the hospital with my mom. She's going down hill fast.....I felt extreme guilt and remorse I am not there more for her........but that's a whole blog in my head.
Baby Ryder was blessed and Chris did a fine job with that
"Sister's.......Sister's.....there were never more devoted Sisters"
Just a few radom pictures.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
I got a sweet package today from Megan and the kids........
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Hope I get to see all my grandkids often........love you all
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Ivy would rather I go back where I come from. I am really hoping that by the time Megan and Travis get back, she will like me.
These are such three sweet kids.............and I am so impressed with how Megan has taught them. Susie just told me I wasn't allowed to put a sock on the coffee table in the front room.
I am praying Travis and Megan can relax and have fun..............
Sunday, September 28, 2008
So have you ever seen any cuter 3 year kids? I found this on my camera, and just miss these little guys. I love the goofy smile Carter has on his face.
So this is one of my back bedrooms. The guest room. I have been collecting vintage hand held mirrors for a while. This is about a 150 year old door I made Roger make into a headboard....not sure what else I am doing this this room.
This is another collection I have a problem with.......These are VERY old Blessing/Christening gowns......again, not finished with this room.......but I love old things. I love to think about the history of what the item had. My collection of camera's needs a place.....It will come together, when I have some more time and energy.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
In going through some old stuff, I found my old organizer where I had some notes that my dad had said while he had pneumonia. It was the beginning of the end for him........but dang while he was in the hospital, he said some pretty funny things. I just had to share them with my sisters, kids, nieces and nephews... which is most of you.
If my dad was here.........he'd love these. Most of these were said with his eye's closed.
"I'm the Home Teacher of St Marks Hospital"
"I'm grateful The Lord has let me stay here"
While cousin Rolaine was visiting, Dad woke up. We said, Daddy, you have Pneumonia. He said " Oh for Hell sake, I'd rather have Gonorrhea"
"Romeo and Juliet were just a couple of bums compared to Sam and Margie"
"Marge, have you looked in the mirror lately?" while his eye's are closed, then he giggled.
While asleep, he pretended to tip his hat and say, " My name is Sam Rudd and I am a new missionary here in Brazil."
"I had an affair with Eli Harris for 5 days" not true, and I think Eli Harris was one of daddy's companions........LOL
"Margie, call Claine Erickson and tell him to get Judi, Mom and I out of the Human Society" (human, have no clue why he said this one)
"I got a bare nekkid woman standing before me because Margie hasn't put out in 4 weeks"
Cant wait for my kids to do the same with me........
We found out today what kind of Arthritis little Ivy has. She has the middle kind, called Polyarticular arthritis. For three months she will be on Steroids. In this three months, she wont grow. We humbly ask for prayers during this time. ( hope this is OK Megan)
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Sometimes Carter likes me and sometimes he tells me to go back to California. But he's a doll. So is Weston and little E.Z is so sweet. I forgot what a lot of work with little kids 24/7 is. Hilary is healing slower than she did with Carter.....I do miss home, but I am glad to still be needed as a mom
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Sunday, July 20, 2008
We had fun with all the kids. Grant had a hard time because he wasn't feeling well. And I love, LOVE having a trailer. It might not be big, but it's got a bathroom that is great.
I taught this song to Paige and Mitchell when Harry was born, and he sings it now.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Monday, July 7, 2008
Sunday, June 22, 2008
#2 My mom with Carter and Weston.........I lost all the ones of her with Mitchell cause of my regular camera getting lost....She was really happy to see them. And this was a pretty good picture of her.
#3 This cracked me up......Again, this is on my cell phone so it's not that great of a picture. When Dad and I had gone to Hilary's house, the first time I went to the bathroom I had noticed this little face on the door knob........it had pretty much worn off by the time I took this. Westons, little mind is so creative.......who would of thunk that when you turn the knob to lock, it looked like a face? In real life, it really did. I laugh everytime I think about it.
Friday, June 13, 2008
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Also, someone stole my meds on the Amtrak train on the way home. Thank goodness, I have an emergency stash .................. It wasn't a very good trip in that regard.
I got to see my mom.............and bless her heart, she's having a rough time of it. I got to spend some good time with Hilary and the boys......
And a "spend the nighty" with my sister's in Heber at Char's.. It was fun.
Just checking in......
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
....The coconuts were a little to small. I am going to save this for her wedding video.......
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Sunday, April 20, 2008
We are leaving on Friday to go to Hawaii.....to celebrate we have made it!!!!!
We were kinda cute back then............He had hair.....I was skinny.......he had a bigger nose.......I had bigger hair..........and we were dirt poor but we pulled through.
Thanks for the 35 years babe.........I adore you!!!
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
I've had a hard time posting this today.
So Travis and Megan came down to visit. We had a grand time. On Saturday we went to Boomers.......raced cars, putt putt golf , and video games.
Travis and Tommy wanted to climb the rock wall.......
Then Harry came home and climbed my fireplace..........they ALL did. I had to put a stop to it. We had a great weekend. Thanks for coming down!
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
We went to Neiman Marcus for a Bobbi Brown make over and lunch.
After the Make Over at Neiman Marcus (or Neimas Marcus....depending who you are)
My sister's are my best friends, my oldest friends, and trusted friends.....
We had a complimentary limo ride to a casino, and had dinner. And we saw a show with impersonators. We really weren't into gambling....it was so smokey. We thought of Holly all night.......she loved casino's. We missed her so much.
Judi with her first boyfriend.....ELVIS
Nancy always had a thing for old Indian Chiefs
Thanks for the wonderful trip......love you all
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Friday, January 25, 2008
Dad has worked soooooooo flippin hard on this bathroom. Here he is in working on the tile on the shower......I am very proud of him. Just having a hard time not having things finished. I am thinking of adding the other bathroom in an "ugliest bathroom contest"